About SSC JE examination
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) holds an open competitive Examination for recruitment of Junior Engineers (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical and Quantity Surveying & Contracts) for various Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India. The posts are Group "B"(Non-Gazetted), in Level- 6 (Rs 35400-112400/-) of pay matrix of 7th Central Pay Commission.
Following posts are filled through this examination:
- Central Water Commission
- Central Public Works Department (CPWD)
- Department of Posts
- Military Engineer Service (MES)
- Farakka Barrage Project
- Border Road organization
- Central Water and Power Research Station
- Directorate of Quality Assurance (Naval)
- National Technical Research organization (NTRO)
SSC JE Preparation - A few good SSC JE Books, a detailed understanding of the exam pattern and syllabus along with the strategized plan for SSC JE preparation is what is necessary in order to crack the SSC JE EXAM
As a matter of fact, SSC JE preparation becomes easy when you have your own preparation strategy and planning in place. In this article, we bring a few tips and tricks which will help in your SSC Junior Engineer exam preparation for the year 2021-22.
To know about other ssc exams , visit the linked article.
SSC JE Exam Pattern
The selection process of the SSC Junior Engineer is divided into two stages. There are two Papers in the SSC JE exam.
- Paper I: This is a computer-based online test of 200 marks with a duration of 2 hours.
- Paper-II: This is a conventional (offline) descriptive test for 300 marks for a duration of 2 hours.
During preparation, candidates should focus on all the engineering branches (i.e., Electrical or Civil & Structural or Mechanical) as mentioned in the which will help them to take the exam comfortably.
There are different sections in Paper I of the SSC JE exam. The SSC JE Exam Pattern (Paper I) is given below:
|SSC JE Exam Pattern – Paper I (Computer-based Exam)|
|SSC JE – NOV 2022||General Intelligence||50||120 MINS|
|General Engineering (Electrical or Civil & Structural or Mechanical)||100|
The SSC JE Exam Pattern (Paper II-OFFLINE) is given below:
|The SSC JE Exam Pattern – Paper II|
|Date of Exam||Sections||Maximum Marks||Duration|
SSC JE 2022 (MAINS)
To Be announced
Part-A General Engineering (Civil & Structural)
or Part- B General Engineering (Electrical)
or Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)
Note: In Paper II, a candidate can choose only one part to attempt the exam.
SSC JE Syllabus:-https://drive.google.com/file/d/13UXMncB5_f_SOIwvB-dNvAIZeQNvQlwm/view?usp=sharing
How to prepare for the SSC JE Exam?
Here are some useful SSC JE Preparation tips for the exam:
- Understand the JE Syllabus: In order to do well in the SSC Junior Engineer, it is imperative that you should be fully aware of the and exam pattern of SSC. Try to do a topic-wise and difficulty-wise segregation of topics of the different sections of the exam.
- Create a Personalised Study Plan & Timetable: While preparing for the exam, it is important for an applicant to prepare an SSC JE study plan which suits his/her requirements as it is an organized schedule that will help him/ her to outline the study time and set learning goals. Candidates can check in the given link.
- Select the best SSC JE study material – Myriads of options as SSC JE Study materials are available both online and offline for SSC JE exam preparation. But candidates are advised to select the Best SSC JE Books and materials, study from them religiously and revise them properly, that would be sufficient for a good SSC JE preparation. Do not try to run through multiple books and material for one topic or subject.
- Brush up your basics: As an SSC JE applicant, you are required to be thorough with your basics and try to understand the purpose behind every concept that you study during your preparation.
- Make Notes whenever possible: During your preparation, try to make your own notes so that you can refer these while revising the paper before the exam. Highlight important points wherever necessary. The article on can guide the candidates well for preparation.
- Refer Previous Year Papers: A very important part of your SSC JE preparation is to refer prior years papers to understand the weightage of different questions and also get knowledge about the difficulty level of each section. Try to solve as many practice questions as possible so that you are able to answer a particular question during the main exam without wasting much time in solving it.
- Take Simulated Mock Tests: Taking SSC Junior Engineer mock tests will definitely help you get a fair idea about the status of your preparation and capture your strengths and weaknesses and work on those areas which need improvement.
Subject-Wise Approach to crack SSC JE Exam
Aspirants can find the subject-wise segregation below:
- General Intelligence: In this section, the questions will be particularly based on analysis and arithmetical reasoning topics like a linear arrangement, data sufficiency, Number series, Analogies, decision making, etc. It is advisable for applicants to refer to prior years papers while preparing for this section to understand the weightage of different questions with varying levels of difficulty.
- For SSC JE reasoning preparation candidates should go through the so that they can prepare and stratergise their preparation well.
- For the reasoning section, it is important that candidates have a firm knowledge of each and every topic.
- General Awareness: In this section, candidates need to be aware of current affairs and daily news. Having the knowledge of what’s going around the world will help the candidates to remain at their toes. For practice, applicants can also take up a few SSC JE preparation online quizzes to stay updated.
- General Engineering (Civil & Structural or Electrical or Mechanical): In this section, applicants are required to have core engineering knowledge of their respective fields. It is imperative for candidates to be thorough with the theoretical concepts as most of the questions are based on basics knowledge. Practicing is important. Hence, applicants should try to practice more and more questions to solve numerical problems and have complete theoretical knowledge and its application, be aware of mathematical formulae thereby upskilling their problem-solving prowess.
SSC JE Preparation For Mechanical Engineering
The preparation for Mechanical Engineering is a simple effort but it needs constant effort to do well. The following are the key points to remember while preparing for Mechanical Engineering in the SSC JE Exam:
- Aspirants must familiarise with the complete syllabus of Mechanical Engineering, to this end previous years question papers/ question banks will be of great help.
- Candidates must ensure that all doubts and concepts are clear before attempting mock tests.
- At least a minimum of 2 hours must be allotted to efficiently solve SSC Mock Tests for JE exam.
- Candidates must analyze their progress on the SSC JE Preparation on a daily basis in order to keep a watch on their progress in the SSC JE Preparation for Mechanical Engineering
SSC JE Preparation For Electrical Engineering
On the outset, the SSC JE Electrical Engineering subject may look difficult, but a little effort is more than enough to crack it. Here are some key points to remember while preparing for Electrical Engineering subject:
- Candidates must polish their knowledge on the Electrical Engineering syllabus for SSC JE preparation.
- A list of repeatedly asked topics must be prepared, along with short notes for quick reference if required.
- For the Electrical Engineering exam, the questions will be mostly about theoretical concepts. Clearing theoretical concepts must take priority.
- At least about 12-15 % of the Electrical Engineering question paper will be based on the measurement and measuring instruments and it is a mix of theory and numerical.
- From Basic Electronics, questions will be theoretical or simple formula based. These questions are not to be avoided as candidates can score high marks from attempting these questions
SSC JE Preparation For Civil Engineering
Like all the other streams, hard work and a clear cut strategy are all that is needed while preparing for the Civil Engineering stream. Here are some key points to remember while preparing for the Civil Engineering stream:
- Familiarisation with the Civil Engineering syllabus is a must for SSC JE preparation.
- Find relevant books, previous year questions, and exam analysis covering every topic of the SSC JE Civil Engineering Syllabus.
- The questions from SSC JE Civil Engineering will mostly be theoretical in nature. Around 70-80% of total questions will be theoretical and one must clear their theoretical concepts in order to be able to answer most of the questions.
- Learn time management while practicing for SSC JE Civil Engineering.
Candidates preparing for SSC JE exam or any other examination conducted by the Selection Commission can visit the SSC Mock Test page and get mock tests based on the latest exam pattern.